Gosford House - Interior
Inside, the building exceeds the expectations raised by its elegant exterior. The Marble Hall, in the south wing, is arguably the most arresting of its many fine features. It was completed in 1891 by William Young for the tenth Earl of Wemyss and rises to a height of three storeys, with a magnificent double staircase leading to a surrounding picture gallery. The elaborate fireplace, alabaster colonnades and ornate plasterwork reflect the strong Italianate taste of the tenth Earl, while the Palladian screen of Venetian windows are reminiscent of Adam's original designs.
DATES FOR 2015 WILL BE PUBLISHED HERE IN MARCH 2015.
The house opens at 1pm and the last tour is at around 4pm. Each tour costs £6 and lasts approximately 45 minutes. The gates to Gosford close promptly at 4.45pm.
The house has limited disabled access and part of the tour requires climbing stairs.
For tour groups of 8 and above please call or e-mail to book in advance.
Cash payments only.
Visitors are kindly reminded that NO photographs are allowed to be taken inside the house and bags are not allowed into the house. There is a cloakroom for bags.
For further information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01875 870801.